Sales – New Business Development – Residential Landscaping
Why Work with Us?
We are passionate about offering value to our clients, dedicated to nurturing our team-members, and devoted to a fun, friendly atmosphere in all we do. If you’re driven by the thrill of the chase, come work with us!
Role and Responsibilities
The New Business Developer for residential landscape maintenance, construction, and tree care services is responsible for prospecting and securing new business. This is a full-time position that reports to our Sales Manager.
- Prospect, nurture, and close new business that matches our desired clientele.
- Build and manage sales funnel with qualified prospects and actively move them through the sales process.
- Prepare estimates for a variety of services using NatureWorks proposal generating tools and platform, following NatureWorks sales protocols.
- Secure contracts and set them up in our system for Operations to begin servicing the accounts successfully.
- Work with the Sales Manager to assign an Account Manager for ongoing relationship management. Transfer all necessary information on client and services to ensure successful onboarding and retention.
- Create new and nurture existing industry relationships to help us grow our business.
- Achieve targeted close ratios and sales goals.
- Attend and contribute to appropriate internal meetings and training activities.
- Build personal knowledge in areas needed to improve skill set – horticulture, estimating, consultative sales skills, service skills, communication, time management, etc.
- Behave in a manner consistent with NWL core values.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Sales & estimating experience in the landscape industry.
- Strong knowledge of horticulture and landscape maintenance, tree care, and construction practices. Knowledge of snow services a plus.
- Ability to offer clients compelling ideas for improving their landscapes and solving problems.
- 4+ years field experience working with customers in a landscape field.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A degree in a related field such as Horticulture, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Design, Environmental Science, or Business preferred.
- MCLP and MCH certifications are a plus.
- Customer-service oriented with strong communication and people skills.
- Strong self-starter with a keen desire to succeed.
- Highly motivated individual with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent time management skills and sense of urgency.
- Team player.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- NatureWorks provides a drug free workplace and a successful pre-employment test is a prerequisite for hire.
- Base salary plus uncapped commission.
- Health insurance
- 401K program with matching
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Eligibility for profit sharing
- Use of company vehicle for travel
- Individual training budget allowance & in-house training opportunities
- Ability to work remotely.
About NatureWorks Landscape
For over 20 years, NatureWorks Landscape has enjoyed working with discerning homeowners on botanic-garden-quality landscapes in the Boston area to maintain and improve their landscapes. Our clients value the simplification that comes from working with one company for all of their outdoor needs, including weekly maintenance, gardening, plant health care, tree care, seasonal décor, irrigation, lighting, planting, and construction services. Commitment, communication, respect, quality, and creativity make up the fabric of our organization.
Send Inquiries & Applications to: